We’ve just spent the whole month of March competing here at Degree CrossFit Seaforth. Everyone has pitched in, inspired each other, cheered each other on, and most of all WE HAD FUN!
People have likely asked you “why” you wanted to do something as crazy as CrossFit or even why you would want to compete in the first place… we do it to improve our health, our fitness, our lives…. but more importantly, we do it because it makes us happy! What is life if it’s not full of joy?
Over the next 4 weeks I’m going to challenge you to give back the joy you find at Degree CFS. Take a look at the challenges below, but don’t worry- we’ll remind you each week of what the challenge is.
- Buy someone a coffee this Wednesday. When you go through the drive through at Timmy’s or stop at Janet’s, leave a little extra there for the next person that comes in! Imagine, all 80 of us buying 80 extra cups of coffee for strangers, what the town would be buzzing about and all the happiness we could spread!
- Do something nice for your Neighbour. Bake something, bring them flowers, look after their kids while they go for a date night, help them with their garden, take them out for dinner, write them a card, leave an anonymous gift… the ideas are endless!
- Pick your next one, don’t spend too much time or money, just do it.
- Drop off flowers or a game to a hospital or nursing home
- Open the phone book, Pick a name and send them something, movie tickets, gift card, lotto ticket etc
- Write a thank you card to a co-worker that deserves it
- Write a thank you note to local police or firefighters
- Make a Donation to a charity
- Compliment someone Randomly
- The ideas are endless!
- Teach 1 person how to squat. You know, a real squat: hips back and down, heels weighted SQUAT! Teach a stranger, your best friend, your mom, your brother, ANYONE! Take a picture, put it on Facebook tag yourself and Degree CrossFit Seaforth. Do this, and we’ll make up a special gift certificate for them for a special event!
For most of these tasks you’ll want to remain anonymous, because that’s the beauty of these random acts of kindness! While the recipients may not know who or what is behind this movement, WE DO! and it will make us feel good to be behind something so great! So let’s identify ourselves without sharing specifics:
There is a photo on the Degree CrossFit Facebook photo stream that you can use (or use the one below)! Tag yourself in it, and use it as your Facebook Profile picture. When your friends ask what the heck it means, tell them. Maybe we’ll start a landslide, maybe confetti will rain from the sky, or maybe we’ll simply make someone’s day.. which is pretty darn awesome, yes?
Thanks to Chris Cooper from CrossFit Catalyst for this unreal idea