Makes 2 servings (6-7 pancakes each)
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup egg whites
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together bananas, eggs and egg whites. Add in almond flour, baking powder and vanilla extract; stir until combined.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Spray lightly with non-stick spray.
- Scoop 2 tbsp of batter into pan per pancake. Cook until top of pancake is almost set and underside is firm, about 1-2 minutes. Gently flip with large spatula and cook additional 1 minute. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with maple syrup, nut butter, or fruit.
Tip: For a lower sugar topping option than maple syrup, try heating 1 cup of defrosted frozen berries with juices in a small pot until hot. Reduce heat to low and cook 5 minutes, or until juices are slightly thickened. Serve over pancakes.